FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lapses in audio when mp4 is brought into AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hilary Tsai
Lapses in audio when mp4 is brought into AE
on Apr 27, 2019 at 10:39:13 pm
Last Edited By Hilary Tsai on Apr 27, 2019 at 10:40:28 pm

This is an issue I've experienced only recently, with AE 17.2. Sometimes, when I import an mp4 that was exported in something other than AE (such as Finalcut), the audio will be missing at certain segments throughout the video. When played in Quicktime or any other editing software, the audio is fine; it's only in AE. It'll be several minutes of normal audio, then like 10 seconds of silence--then back to normal. It's very odd, I can't tell what could be causing it, unless this is yet another issue caused by updating to Mojave. Are there other prospective explanations for why this happens? Not sure what other info I need to provide, but let me know and I'll post it.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Lapses in audio when mp4 is brought into AE
on Apr 28, 2019 at 5:18:51 am

I'd imagine that you're experienced enough to know that you only use initial releases of new Adobe software to play around with, and you don't use it for anything serious.

You have to wait for the first or second bug fix, or have your own IT person on staff to track down what's a bug, and what needs to have a different driver.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin Camin
Re: Lapses in audio when mp4 is brought into AE
on May 4, 2019 at 1:55:19 am

As a work around, maybe export the audio from Media Encoder or transcode your entire MP4 into ProRes4444 or ProRes(HQ) for now?

Best regards,

Kevin Camin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]