FORUMS: list search recent posts

Auto create text layer matching each marker name? (or other methods to automate lyric vid)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Sage
Auto create text layer matching each marker name? (or other methods to automate lyric vid)
on Apr 24, 2019 at 7:33:10 pm
Last Edited By Greg Sage on Apr 24, 2019 at 7:43:52 pm

I'm creating a lyric vid, and I've begun creating per word markers in Premiere where each is named the word it sits on.

Planning on importing into AE, and wondering if there is a way to automate the process of creating a text layer for each one where the text is the name of the marker, and the layer begins at that marker, and ends at the next?

Seems like an awfully redundant process, and thinking there might be an automated solution.

Very dense lyrics, so a ton of manual work, and open to any other automated solutions. Can't install java on this machine, so that auto speech to marker tool I looked at is out.

Not really sure if I should be creating a different type of marker (currently adding sequence markers of default type (comment, I think).

Return to posts index

Greg Sage
Re: Auto create text layer matching each marker name? (or other methods to automate lyric vid)
on Apr 25, 2019 at 4:43:21 am

Dug this up:

https://forums.creativecow.net/docs/forums/post.php?forumid=227&postid=3239...

Seems quite similar, though not sure if that was a different type of markers as he's talking about within marker duration when mine have no duration, as they're just indicating the start of each word. So, seems, maybe closer to this where he's talking about "hold" type behavior (marker triggers text layer which persists until next one is triggered)

http://aenhancers.com/viewtopic.php?t=847

Answer given for that was:

m = thisComp.layer("movie layer");
n=0;
if (m.marker.numKeys > 0){
n = m.marker.nearestKey(time).index;
if (m.marker.key(n).time > time) n--;
}

if (n > 0) m.marker.key(n).comment else ""

I'm not quite following, though, where such code would be pasted. I've done some basic js in to drive various parameters before (like driving the scale of a layer by entering code in the field for scale on that layer). Not clear where the code here belongs, though, as it's driving something outside the layer.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Auto create text layer matching each marker name? (or other methods to automate lyric vid)
on Apr 25, 2019 at 6:57:33 am

Have you explored the AEScripts plugins and scripts for automated kinetic type? Plenty of choices there.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Greg Sage
on Apr 25, 2019 at 4:03:23 pm

I've worked with a few of them before, but it's been a while. After some digging, it looks like perhaps the Marker Sync function in Edit Monkey is what I'm looking for.

The vid description is a bit light on that function, but it looks like it auto generates layer segments (pages in monkeyspeak) according to the marker names.

If this is correct, I'd like to make sure I get my markers set up properly first, so...

I currently have a Premiere project with the song audio as the only item in the timeline, and there is a comment sequence (not region) marker at the beginning of each word.

Is it optimal to then just import this Premiere project into AE, and launch the Marker Sync function in Edit Monkey, or would it be better for some reason if they were region markers, or if it were imported into AE in some other way, etc.

If the markers should be done differently, like region instead of sequence markers, for instance, is there an automatic way to take what I have and convert it into whatever format will work best for the import into AE and auto text layer creation?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]