FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects - Camera [layer] Settings

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matteo Ferreccio
After Effects - Camera [layer] Settings
on Apr 19, 2019 at 9:40:15 pm

Hello everyone.

I'm doing preliminary research for my university thesis, and I am looking for material about simulating cameras, i.e. simulating a virtual combination of sensor and lens (given their geometries) to be able to accurately display an image. Also, changing - accordingly - said displayed image when changing said sensor & lens geometry.

Now, that's something every 3D environment software does, I know, but I'm interested in the AE virtual camera. I'm a big AE user, I use and understand that tool so I'd love to start with that. I really need to inquire the "behind the scene" of that tool.

Can anybody kindly share some knowledge about how the AE camera works (I mean how it works/it's programmed, not how to use it or what one can do with it), and/or, if possible, link some reading material about virtual camera simulating (sensor/film + lens) in 3D environments?

Thanks a lot,
Matt

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: After Effects - Camera [layer] Settings
on Apr 22, 2019 at 9:35:56 pm

People who use cameras in 3d enviroments often complain about after effects camera. It is hard to navigate when you are inside of it...easier to animate from a perspective view

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]