FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render doesn't match RAM preview - used time remapping

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
michael morrow
Render doesn't match RAM preview - used time remapping
on Apr 19, 2019 at 6:36:38 pm

I have a 40 sec. composition...I added a 13 sec. video to it, click time remapping stretched the clip to fit the full 40 sec. of the comp. I added an MP3 and have that playing along with it. When I RAM preview it's exactly as I would expect, my 13 second video is a slower 40 sec video and the music plays along with it and normal speed. BUT when I render the file, the video clip plays for 1:06 and the song cuts off at 40 sec. How do I fix this and why would a render ever be different from your ram preview?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Render doesn't match RAM preview - used time remapping
on Apr 19, 2019 at 11:47:04 pm

Convert the mp3 to wav or aiff, transcode the mp4 to a nice intermediate codec and try again.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

michael morrow
Re: Render doesn't match RAM preview - used time remapping
on Apr 20, 2019 at 2:36:59 am

(I forgot to the post button on this earlier)
additional info: the video file was recorded at 120 fps ( i think, iphone 5s slow-mo) the Composition was 99 fps and the video file was at something else....so i changed the video file to 'interpret' as 99 fps to match the comp but then the render was off in a different way.

finally i changed the comp to 60 fps because it wouldn't let me choose 120...and i changed the video file to 60 fps...and now it rendered correctly.

I still don't understand why it looked perfect in the preview and not in the render. Why wouldnt it just render it exactly as the RAM preview shows it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]