FORUMS: list search recent posts

Add items in the correct place in 3d composition - stop them from jumping back to the beginning.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Burrell
Add items in the correct place in 3d composition - stop them from jumping back to the beginning.
on Apr 17, 2019 at 9:27:55 pm

I am working on a scrolling timeline in After Effects. I am making everything but the background 3d so I can use the camera to move around within the timeline. Every time I add a new text or shape layer, a line, etc. where I want it, and then check the 3d box on the layer, it jumps back to the beginning of the comp. Not a big deal when you're close to the beginning, but really annoying when you have to go hunting for something that's way over to the left outside of the current visible area. Is there any way when you make a layer 3d, for it to just stay where it is and for AE to just figure out what the new actual position should be in 3d space without having it jump back to the center origin of the composition?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Add items in the correct place in 3d composition - stop them from jumping back to the beginning.
on Apr 18, 2019 at 1:08:04 am

I wrote a script to do exactly this a few years back:
http://www.renderbreak.com/2014/07/after-effects-script-keen_3dlayertools/

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]