FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects crashing with imported illustrator files and collapse transformations continuously rasterize enabled

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laith Renno
After Effects crashing with imported illustrator files and collapse transformations continuously rasterize enabled
on Apr 17, 2019 at 1:29:31 pm

Hi there,

I have been having issues with After Effects crashing when importing Illustrator graphics, pre-composing and enabling collapse transformations continuously rasterize on the pre-comp layer.

I try to clean up the Illustrator files as much as possible but still After Effects crashes consistently when I pre-compose.

Last night I made a breakthrough and hopefully someone else will find this helpful. I was pre-composing two illustrator graphics with a text layer. What I found was that it was not the illustrator graphics but the text layer that was causing the crashes. When I converted the text layer to shapes the crashing issue was completely resolved.

Please feel free to share any insight you may have on this issue.

Thanks,
Laith

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
Re: After Effects crashing with imported illustrator files and collapse transformations continuously rasterize enabled
on Apr 17, 2019 at 2:56:06 pm

Hey Laith,

any chance there are some appearances applied in the .ai file or maybe gradient fills? This can cause issues. Did you converted text layer to outlines inside AI?

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.

Return to posts index

Laith Renno
Re: After Effects crashing with imported illustrator files and collapse transformations continuously rasterize enabled
on Apr 17, 2019 at 3:45:45 pm

Hi Tomas,

No gradients or appearances applied and since it is not text, just a standard path shape, rather than text, no need to convert to outlines, right?

Thanks for your reply,
Laith

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
on Apr 17, 2019 at 7:35:09 pm

Laith,

sorry, I am a bit confused. You mentioned that potentially - it was caused by a text layer. But if it was a text layer directly inside in AE (not from .ai file), when its questionable whether it has something to do with Illustrator file.

Maybe the font you are using is somewhat 3rd party or not full unicode? Thats just plain guesses though, which in fact even does not make much sense..

If you have a chance to share the assets - it could help to inspect.

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.

Return to posts index

Laith Renno
on Apr 17, 2019 at 11:04:15 pm

Hi Tomas,

Sorry for the confusion. Let me clarify.

I have two instances of a single illustrator graphic of a very basic shape along with an AE text object, all inside of a pre-comp. I found that the AE text object was the source of the problem.

When I highlighted the AE text and selected "create shapes from text", AE completely stopped crashing when I enabled or disabled collapse transformations continuously rasterize.

The font I am using is Neuville purchased from Myfonts.

What I can do is try to create a new project, using the same font and assets, see if I can recreate. Then swap out the font to see if I can reproduce.

At least I found a solution and if I find it is occurring again, I definitely will come back to upload this thread.

Thank you again for your time.
Laith

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]