FORUMS: list search recent posts

No image when zooming 800% on right side of composition

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ferenc van der Velde
No image when zooming 800% on right side of composition
on Apr 11, 2019 at 1:36:30 pm

I have a composition of 7520x1760 with one PNG layer with the same size. I have to align some footage pixel perfect on this image, so I have to zoom to 800%. The weird thing is, when I set the magnification of the viewer to 800% the image disappears when I view the right side of the image. When I move the viewer to the left side of the composition the image is back.

Is this some weird bug in AE? Or is there a way to fix this. To get ahead on the question Dave LaRonde might ask; I'm so sorry Dave but I couldn't resist to push the big upgrade button. So I'm running the latest AE 16.1.1 on MacOS.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: No image when zooming 800% on right side of composition
on Apr 11, 2019 at 4:56:10 pm

[Ferenc van der Velde] "To get ahead on the question Dave LaRonde might ask; I'm so sorry Dave but I couldn't resist to push the big upgrade button. So I'm running the latest AE 16.1.1 on MacOS."

Did you have the good sense to keep a previous version that actually worked?

I'd use it for anything serious and just play around with the new one with bemused interest until Adobe comes out with a bug fix.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ferenc van der Velde
on Apr 11, 2019 at 7:42:04 pm

Actually I just did a clean install of MacOS, so I already had one of the latest AE versions. One day later, Adobe came with the update. I thought 16.1.1 sounds more mature then 16.0.1.

So this is just another bug of a too early released AE version. Then I'll have to work around it.

Thanks for your reply.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 11, 2019 at 11:28:45 pm

Well, there's nothing stopping you from using version 16.0.1 if it behaved better for you. You just have to get it, that's all.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]