FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to go about creating sweeping, electrifying, looking lines (example in post)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Wolf
How to go about creating sweeping, electrifying, looking lines (example in post)
on Apr 5, 2019 at 7:11:51 pm

Hi there, I have found this stock footage that I would like to try my hand at replicating, or at least getting something similar looking to. Take a look at the stock footage that I am referencing. https://www.pond5.com/stock-footage/65433979/beautiful-grey-movement-backgr...

I was imagining that I could use Trapcode's Form plugin for AE, as I know it can get similar effects, but I'm unsure as how to go about it - or if I should look towards a different method/plugin to create a similar effect.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: How to go about creating sweeping, electrifying, looking lines (example in post)
on Apr 5, 2019 at 7:58:17 pm

Form doesn't do the connecting lines. More like Plexus. Also possible with Trapcode Mir or Element, perhaps even C4D lite.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: How to go about creating sweeping, electrifying, looking lines (example in post)
on Apr 5, 2019 at 8:15:12 pm

K is right, but that looks more like Processing to me. Its the "history" of the objects that's going to kill you. They never really go away and just fade. In Processing this would be just a pixel array having an algorithm run on it, so the memory required would be the same from start to finish (the number of pixels don't change). Then there's the (possibly intentional) "poor" quality of the video - a classic Processing "artifact".

I'm not sure Plexus could keep everything connected forever. I find it jumps around due to inconsistent "dot" counts and proximity.

Return to posts index

Thomas Wolf
on Apr 5, 2019 at 8:39:30 pm

Thanks for the info guys, I'll have to take a look into those plugins. Also, if any of you know of any tutorials that I should be checking out, please point them in my direction.

Thank you very much!

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Apr 5, 2019 at 11:10:09 pm

FYI, Processing isn't a plug in - its a programming environment for graphics and data manipulation.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Apr 6, 2019 at 6:07:30 pm

Test with Plexus.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]