FORUMS: list search recent posts

Counter - "moving" numbers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thais Maranho
Counter - "moving" numbers
on Apr 4, 2019 at 3:24:19 pm

Hey all,

I'm working in this counter from 0 to over 306 million. I managed to make it work just fine but the client don't want the commas and the numbers to move to left and right. They want the commas and the space between numbers to be steady/locked.

Any idea how to do that?
I'm using "Point control" on the text layer and the following expression:

s = "" + Math.round(effect("Point Control")("Point")[0]);
s.replace(/\B(?=(\d{3})+(?!\d))/g, ",");

Thank you,

Return to posts index

Oleg Pirogov
Re: Counter - "moving" numbers
on Apr 4, 2019 at 10:29:12 pm

If I got the problem right, first thing to do is to set paragraph to "Right align text". This will leave you with just slight shifts of commas and numbers due to different width of number chars.

Assuming this is still not acceptable, I then suggest using monospace font like Courier, with which your commas and numbers will always be at the same exact place. If you don't like Courier, there are lots of others including such that resemble common non-monospace fonts.

Return to posts index

Max Haller
on Apr 5, 2019 at 2:08:53 pm

Theres probably a more elegant way, but I think the easiest way would be to set up the counting in groups of three digits.

So you could have three text layers and the comas on separate layers so they aren't affected. Like:

xxx , xxx , xxx

maybe just loop the first 3 digits going from 0-999 and time the other groups of digits to change accordingly.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Apr 6, 2019 at 4:17:53 pm

Just saw this today: https://aescripts.com/monospacer/

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]