trying to create a text animation character by character

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Guillaume d'Harcourt
trying to create a text animation character by character
on Apr 4, 2019 at 9:55:29 am
Last Edited By Guillaume d'Harcourt on Apr 4, 2019 at 10:34:32 am

Hi all,

So, i'm trying to create a text animation like the one of Super smash Bros Ultimate, which can be seen at the end of this video (from1.02):

So the first way I did it was by converting my text into shape layer, and animating each shape independently.

But my problem with this method is that if I want to change my text, I have to manually convert each letter into shape layer and animate them again.

So I tried to recreate this animation with a Text layer. I animate my text using the size animation tool of after effect :

But of course, this way, the whole text is animated at the same time. And I want it to be each character separately, with randomisation. Is this possible ?
Thanks a lot!

19 years old french guy, sorry if mistake in my message

Return to posts index

Oleg Pirogov
Re: trying to create a text animation character by character
on Apr 4, 2019 at 11:00:16 am

If you are ok with manually animating each character's animation, you can make a Sélecteur de plage for each of them and setting each of them to select just one character. Would probably be easier, if you set Units=Index in Advance settings.

If you are not, Wiggly Selector may give you the randomization you want and Expression Selector - the control you (possibly) want, but the details of the technique depend on what animation precisely you want to make.

Return to posts index

Guillaume d'Harcourt
Re: trying to create a text animation character by character
on Apr 4, 2019 at 11:50:00 am

[Oleg Pirogov] "If you are ok with manually animating each character's animation, you can make a Sélecteur de plage for each of them and setting each of them to select just one character. Would probably be easier, if you set Units=Index in Advance settings."

I get It, and I think Iwill do this way. I don't have enought knowledge with expression to be able to do what I want...

19 years old french guy, sorry if mistake in my message

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]