FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to continuously rasterize - but layer will only collapse transformations...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chase Langley
Trying to continuously rasterize - but layer will only collapse transformations...
on Apr 3, 2019 at 10:49:39 pm

Hi all!

Long time lurker - finally with a big enough thorn in my ass to post.

I have a precomp with a bottom layer that has an alpha and a layer above it set to screen. I'd like to continuously rasterize in order to have the screen work properly in the parent comp - something I know that I've done in the past.

However - when I press the continuously rasterize button - it only toggles the "collapse transforms" setting on.

What's the deal? Is this something new with recent AE iterations? I'm working in CC 2018.... :/

Thanks to anyone who can give me some insight! <3

-Chase

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Trying to continuously rasterize - but layer will only collapse transformations...
on Apr 4, 2019 at 3:25:44 am

"Continuously rasterize" and "Collapse transformations" share the same switch. It's "continuously rasterize" when you're applying it to a vector layer or a solid, and it's "collapse transformations" when you apply it to a comp layer.

You want to enable collapse transformations for your precomp layer in the containing comp, and if you have any vector/solid layers in the precomp itself, you probably want to enable continuously rasterize for them.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Chase Langley
Re: Trying to continuously rasterize - but layer will only collapse transformations...
on Apr 4, 2019 at 7:13:24 pm

Hi Walter,

This makes total sense - thank you! I had forgotten that layers within a "collapse transformations" enabled precomp also need the "continuously rasterize" toggle marked.

Thanks again!
-Chase

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]