FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animating equalizer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ruban Tamrakar
Animating equalizer
on Apr 3, 2019 at 6:50:32 pm

I am trying to create an animated equalizer, with a specific look. Here is the static design of what needs to be animated.

In my attempts, I am able to create this. Here I have used Sound Keys??? spectrum and colormap as the base graphics. The colormap has been quantized, and used a Simple Choker for the rounded corners. However, I would like to use one of the rounded corner pills from the static image from above, and not the choked colormap.

How do I go about so I can have the pill (from the static graphic) represent a quantized sections in the animated equalizer? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
Re: Animating equalizer
on Apr 3, 2019 at 8:00:48 pm

Can't you just create a mask overlay? You could create one shape in the size you want, duplicate it across the bottom, then build a grid all the way up.

Return to posts index

Ruban Tamrakar
on Apr 3, 2019 at 8:35:53 pm

Sorry, I dont fully comprehend your proposed solution. I have, however, tried using masks. You can see that bounce in the equalizer isn't as dynamic as the example I provided in my original post. So I was wondering if there is any way to do the equalizer, possibly without a mask. Hope I made myself clear.

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Apr 3, 2019 at 10:11:22 pm

I'm saying create a grid of masks that are in the pill shape you want. You can create them using a shape layer, which you can then apply as a track matte.

Return to posts index

Ruban Tamrakar
on Apr 4, 2019 at 4:21:03 pm

I have tried using track matte. Here's what I came up with. The bounce in the motion isn't as dynamic as if pill were to generate as opposed to being revealed. I'm wondering if I can use the pill as a particle and have it bounce.

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Apr 4, 2019 at 6:36:39 pm

Maybe I'm not being clear: I'm talking about creating a grid of pills that you overlay on your existing EQ animation. That way the "lights" light up the way you want it to, and the mask with pill-shaped holes shapes it the way you want.

There's some manual work involved--you will have to build the pill-shaped mask overlay to match your existing comp-- but I think it's the simplest way to get the result you want.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]