FORUMS: list search recent posts

RGB illustrator files are interpreted with Rec.709 colour space. Why and how to stop it?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Koch
RGB illustrator files are interpreted with Rec.709 colour space. Why and how to stop it?
on Apr 2, 2019 at 3:28:35 am

Hi all,

Every time I'm importing AI files (sRGB) into AE it interprets them as Rec.709 colour space.
My project is set to sRGB. Why is it doing that and how can I stop it?
I'm really over manually changing the colour space interpretation for every single file I'm importing.

Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: RGB illustrator files are interpreted with Rec.709 colour space. Why and how to stop it?
on Apr 2, 2019 at 5:09:35 am

I am not seeing that here but it could be due to your settings in AE or AI. What you can do though is go into the interpretation settings of the file you have just imported (File/interpret footage) , go to the color management tab and force it to the setting you want. Then tell AE to remember that interpretation which it will do for subsequent imports (File/Interpret Footage/Remember Interpretation).
You can also do this for the kind of alpha channel you want and frame rate. (it doesn't change the number of frames available it just changes the rate at which AE will use them up - so a 2 second clip originally at 30fps will be 4 seconds long in a 15fps timeline if interpreted at 15fps - AE will normally look after this anyway when it compares clip.fps to timeline.fps, but sometimes you want a little more control)

Return to posts index

Oliver Koch
Re: RGB illustrator files are interpreted with Rec.709 colour space. Why and how to stop it?
on Apr 2, 2019 at 5:14:10 am

Oh dear, 10 years with this software and I didn't even know that button existed. Always hitting ctrl + alt +g for footage interpretation so must have missed the function that way. Thank you very much Sir, you just made my day!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]