FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tracking points problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Esther Casas
Tracking points problem
on Mar 30, 2019 at 6:50:52 pm

Hi everyone,

So, I have done MOtion Tracking with AE previously, and I never had a problem like I am having with this shot.

As you can see the track points are there and I thought it was going to be easy, but when I try the combinations of either 1, 2 or 3 points together (with, without scale, rotation), none of them work great and I have to spend a LOT of time going through each frame positioning the image of my ipad.

As you can see, the ipad first is immobile, then a hand goes over it, and then the ipad changes its angle on camera (so i though warping or doing the 4 point distorsion?), anyway, lots of factors are making thsi tracking difficult and i am wondering what you all think will be the best option here.

Does anybody has a suggestion to better track this shot?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Tracking points problem
on Mar 30, 2019 at 8:25:07 pm

Mocha. Use the Mocha tutorials to learn how to use it.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Mar 30, 2019 at 11:38:48 pm

What about tracking the 4 corner crosses and using CC power pin and connecting those four tracks with the four corners in the plug in. That way it looks after any skew for you. You will have to estimate and interpolate for where the hand obliterates the cross on the bottom left but you can do that with a few inbetween keyframes.

Return to posts index

Esther Casas
on Mar 31, 2019 at 12:55:30 pm

Hi steve, thank you, will try that! for a better understanding:

- first motion track with 4 points , then using corner pin, then applying these 2 to the null?

thanks again!

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Apr 2, 2019 at 4:44:30 am

You can use the crosses in the corners to drag the image around (via the PowerPin) to match image to the movement of the tablet as well as distort it. If you do both (tracking the tablet AND tracking the 4 corners) you might find the two systems fighting each other or adding onto each other.
As far as the image that goes in the screen, tracking the tablet is irrelevant - each corner is going to track differently, so tracking the tablet as a whole becomes a question of "where on the tablet do I track?" For a single tracking point, there is no good answer for that. if you were putting a dot on the tablet, a single track would work, but as you rotate the tablet in the tablet's "Y" (or world Z) all the crosses will get closer to each other: the left ones will move right and the right ones will move left, even if the tablet center doesn't actually move. So tracking the tablet itself doesn't really help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]