FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to add a scene in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Linda Eba
How to add a scene in After Effects
on Mar 29, 2019 at 11:52:40 am

Hi,

I bought an After Effects template with 8 scenes in it (see screenshot) and I would like to add two more. Probably a copy of Scene 3 and 4 to come right after original 3 and 4 (with new images and text).

But the Final Comp won't let me do anything to the order?
See screenshot, it's just a Color Control layer and nothing else in it.

I've tried copy paste of course but I'm not able to change the order of the scenes. Or I don't know how rather.

Would be really grateful for some help, can add more screenshots if needed.

Thank you!
Linda

Return to posts index

Max Haller
Re: How to add a scene in After Effects
on Mar 29, 2019 at 9:16:17 pm

First you have to duplicate the scenes in the project panel. Click on scenes 3 and 4 and go to edit>duplicate or cmd+d. Then, double click on the the comp named "Color Control" right from the layer panel from within the "final comp"

I can't say for sure, as I don't know how that template is set up. But I'd bet you'll see the scene comps laid out within the Color Control Comp.

If that's the case you can drag your new scene 3 and 4 comps into there and move them into the correct position on the timeline. You'll most likely have to make that comp longer, along with the "final comp" to fit these two new scenes. go to composition> Comp settings or cmd+K and you can change the duration in there.

if the scene comps aren't in the color control comp, just click on one of the scene comps in the project window and click on the arrow next to the name at the top by the thumbnail. That'll tell you where the comp is being used in the project.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: How to add a scene in After Effects
on Mar 29, 2019 at 10:10:56 pm

duplicate in the project window with CTRL D...duplicate in the timeline with CTRL D...hold alt and drag new one from project windo w into comp...its now a new comp...repeat ...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]