FORUMS: list search recent posts

Layers on my timeline have vanished... but still play

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francis Emmott
Layers on my timeline have vanished... but still play
on Mar 28, 2019 at 10:06:20 pm

I am new to After Effects. Editing a lyric video.

I just opened my project file to find that all the red bars (whatever they're called – layers?) prior to the ones you see below have vanished from sight. However, the text still remains there, and plays in time with the song. It's as if they're there, but the red blocks aren't showing up. One of the blocks (the highlighted one) is horizontally cut half way. Why?

I am trying to edit the timings of words. Where have my red blocks before these gone? Can someone help?

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Layers on my timeline have vanished... but still play
on Mar 28, 2019 at 11:06:20 pm

Hard to see with out the layer numbers but is your global "shy" button turned on? Are they beyond your timeline view (along with the playback in and out markers?) What happens if you clear all caches?

Return to posts index

Oleg Pirogov
on Mar 29, 2019 at 1:28:25 am

The bug occurs when you have many layers:

Judging by your scroll bar, it might be exactly your case.

What you can do is to hide some layers from above so the bottom layers will go up and their bar will appear so you can work with them.
To do that, mark layer from above which you don't need as "shy" (dude-looking-over-a-fence-icon next to Source Name in layers list) and then hide all the shy layers by clicking the corresponding icon in a panel above.

Or you can just precompose some layers.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Mar 29, 2019 at 1:32:32 am

Hey Oleg,
Is this really a bug? Which version? I've not seen this yet (to 2019PC) and we run some pretty heavy comps.

Return to posts index

Oleg Pirogov
on Mar 29, 2019 at 2:09:49 am

[Steve Bentley] "Hey Oleg,
Is this really a bug? Which version? I've not seen this yet (to 2019PC) and we run some pretty heavy comps."

>Which version?
I suspect, all of them at least before CC 2019. I personally experience it on 15.1.1.
Here's a thread on it with a bugged project attached: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects/suggestions/3...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]