FORUMS: list search recent posts

Immediate: How to remove blur?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ida Mette
Immediate: How to remove blur?
on Mar 28, 2019 at 1:09:38 pm

Hello!

I am a total beginner to After Effects and recently purchased a template hoping to make something good. However, there is an issue. The background of the template is totally blurred as shown in the image (I have already set the resolution in 'view' to full).

I realize this is due to some setting in the control layer or placeholder but cannot figure it out. Please help me figure out the setting and remove the blur.

These are the settings of the place holder-

Return to posts index

Max Haller
Re: Immediate: How to remove blur?
on Mar 28, 2019 at 3:04:46 pm

I would wager there's an adjustment layer with a blur effect somewhere in the layer above the layers which are blurry.

it could be a number of things though, can you post a screenshot of your whole screen that shows as many of the layers as possible.

Also you said it was a template, so they usually hide adjustment layers by enabling the "shy" button. That's the icon that looks like a guy creeping his head over a fence. Its in the upper right corner of the layer panel, by the option for motion blur and frame blending. If that Shy icon is blue that means some layers are being hidden. Turn that off and look through your layer panel for an Adjustment layer with a blur effect.

If its not that, it could be due to a camera if it's a 3D comp. That layer might be out of the depth of field of the camera which you can change but it's a little more complicated.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Immediate: How to remove blur?
on Mar 28, 2019 at 10:19:56 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Mar 29, 2019 at 5:25:42 am

That background layer showing the color bars is a nested comp. You have to open the nested comp to get rid of the blur. Right-click on the layer and select Open Composition.

You may not even find it there -- the nested comp could have another nested comp in it!

Templates can get really complicated. If they were simple, everyone would make them and then people wouldn't be able to sell them. And because most template makers assume the user has at least an intermediate level of AE knowledge, templates are a really lousy way to learn AE basics.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]