FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weird stutter distortion on a bevelled shape animation ://

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Floyd Gondolli
Weird stutter distortion on a bevelled shape animation ://
on Mar 27, 2019 at 4:36:33 pm

Hi everyone! I’m new here and have a nagging issue I can seem to fix. I have a rectangle under some turbulent displacement, simple choke, fast blur & wave warps. I took fill opacity to 0% and a strong bevel at 1px height. So the shape moves and I was hoping for the bevel to move smoothly with it.

Please have a look:

. Ideally I want well defined lines that appear, disappear, merge and separate in a smooth manner.

Are there any work-arounds to make movement smooth?
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Weird stutter distortion on a bevelled shape animation ://
on Mar 27, 2019 at 6:23:23 pm

For stuff like that, I often use a blur to soften things up and levels to sharpen them up again and it gives fairly smooth joining effects.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Weird stutter distortion on a bevelled shape animation ://
on Mar 28, 2019 at 3:02:33 am

Also make sure you are doing this at a high bit depth. With only so many levels of gray to go round in 8bit (inside what amounts to the "mask" that keeps things apart) the curve on the crushed levels is too short and the roll off to black or white (opaque and clear) happens too quickly. 16 bit or 32 bit will add in so many more levels to run through before the edges close up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]