FORUMS: list search recent posts

Handbreak compression

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nitai Lev-Oren
Handbreak compression
on Mar 27, 2019 at 11:44:07 am

Handbreak compression is better than premiere or media encoder?
I'm really asking because I saw amazing results with this app

Return to posts index

Mike Sevigny
Re: Handbreak compression
on Mar 27, 2019 at 12:19:21 pm

It depends what you're trying to do. I personally use AME unless I need to do otherwise. For example, when AME couldn't compress h264s larger than 4096x2304 I used MPEG Streamclip.

Everyone should have MPEG Streamclip kicking around. It's 100% free and mac/pc compatible.
http://www.squared5.com/

Mike

Return to posts index

tina ciotola
on Mar 27, 2019 at 3:44:17 pm

Hi, I heard the same thing and already tried to compress long webinars with it, but failed to find out the best match between compression and quality - at least yet. Any experts out there to help?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Mar 27, 2019 at 6:32:37 pm

There are a lot of settings you can tweak in Premiere Pro/Media Encoder, so it's really hard to compare it to something else unless you set the settings the exact same between them.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Nitai Lev-Oren
on Mar 28, 2019 at 8:58:26 pm

I found a comparison:

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Apr 1, 2019 at 2:33:51 pm

I use Handbrake for all of my movies at home. And am amazed at the quality. I find 4mbps stream to look better from Handbrake than a 10mbps stream from AME. I've been considering using Handbrake more at work. But I'll probably test that out first to see the difference going to ProRes then H264. When with AME, I skip the ProRes step and go straight to H264 from PPro.
TC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]