FORUMS: list search recent posts

RAM Preview suddenly will not playback, and composition window gets greyed out or shows up as black

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hilary Tsai
RAM Preview suddenly will not playback, and composition window gets greyed out or shows up as black
on Mar 24, 2019 at 8:32:51 am
Last Edited By Hilary Tsai on Mar 24, 2019 at 9:22:21 am

I cleared my AE cache through DaisyDisk, (not sure why this would cause a problem since I've done it before), and suddenly my RAM preview will not playback. If I shift the playhead, it shows whichever frame it lands on--and then it will either get stuck on that frame no matter where else the playhead gets moved, or it shows a black composition. Sometimes, the composition area is completely greyed out. When I open a new AE project and import videos, it seems ok; I can playback the video like normal. This is only happening to saved files from before I cleared the cache. I tried uninstalling AE and reinstalling (same version: 14.2.1), but I'm still having the same problem. My alotted cache size is 26 GB--not sure if that info helps, and I'm running OS Mojave. Originally, I cleared it because I was low on disk space. I'm working with large files, so the cache fills up rather fast. It's my understanding that deleting AE cache does not delete anything necessary for AE to function. Can you confirm this? Does anyone know what could cause this issue of RAM preview not responding? Also, compositions also will not render at all.

Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: RAM Preview suddenly will not playback, and composition window gets greyed out or shows up as black
on Mar 24, 2019 at 3:38:28 pm

I too am experiencing a few too many flaws with Mojave but with 2019 AE.
I wish I had rolled back to High Sierra.
The only fix is to stay with 2018 plus use other workstations with High Sierra.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]