FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to make a video panning and zooming around a high res photograph

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sanna Dullaway
How to make a video panning and zooming around a high res photograph
on Mar 18, 2019 at 2:52:55 pm

The photo depicts a theme park, I want to slowly pan around the photo and zoom in on details, there's a lot of people moving about in the photo and I want to show that in a video which I can upload to YouTube or similar.

I've searched for some tutorials but they seem to be more advanced than I need. This tutorial is the closest I found, but it has no audio or no description of each tool they use:

Seems I need to learn about key frames, curve tool? I am very novice.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would highly appreciate it!

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: How to make a video panning and zooming around a high res photograph
on Mar 18, 2019 at 10:47:28 pm

create a new composition at 1920x1080...drop your image in there...how much bigger is your image than the comp is? you will need it to be bigger....,,You really only need to animate Position and scale..P and S...set all your keyframes and when you are done select all keyframes right click and choose easy ease

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: How to make a video panning and zooming around a high res photograph
on Mar 19, 2019 at 12:03:17 am

It might actually be easier (at least in getting it more naturalistic) to use a 3D camera and make the layer 3D as well. The problem with scaling things is that scaling is logarithmic. If you zoom (but with the scale parameter), the perceived speed of that "zoom" gets faster and faster - when you scale something to 200 percent it's not twice as big, it's four times as big; when you scale to 400 percent its now 16 times the area of the original. Whereas with a camera you can move it in and out and so it acts more like what a real camera (with a prime lens) would do.

Ignore all this if you are looking for that "Battle star/attack of the clones" zoom-and-find-the-hero kind of guerilla news reel stuff. Scale can work fine for that kind of thing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]