FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS4 user; trying to reload

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Nelson
CS4 user; trying to reload
on Mar 17, 2019 at 5:32:01 pm

Yes, I'm an old 'stuck-in-the-mud', fixed income kinda guy who is wanting to mess around with my old software and create stuff for my kiddos.

I bought a Mac mini (late 2014) and found out on this (or another) forum I could still use PS cs3 and AE cs4. Sometimes this thick head is difficult to penetrate...

PS loaded fine (so far, anyway). AE was a different story. After plugging in my numbers another screen came up asking for those same numbers along with a description that told me I have CS3, not CS4. After inputting the numbers several times (history repeating itself) I surrendered and clicked the temp. mode. The program loaded and allows me to use it; temporally... I bought and paid for the stuff and would like to use it!

Any thoughts? If so, MUCHAS GRACIAS!

Another Grumpy Old Man

KEEP ON KEEPIN ON!

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: CS4 user; trying to reload
on Mar 18, 2019 at 4:57:01 pm

From reading that it sounds like you answered your own question: you have the installer for a different version than you have the serial number for.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

John Nelson
on Mar 18, 2019 at 8:03:40 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I'm not sure I understand, exactly...

The AE CS4 was originally purchased for installation on a G5 with Snow Leopard some years ago. I had no problem then with the installation. The same applied with Photoshop CS3. I am using the same discs now as I did then, which is why I don't understand...?

KEEP ON KEEPIN ON!

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
on Mar 18, 2019 at 11:08:17 pm

Hi. Was this an upgrade purchase? If so, from memory, you need to input the original key/code for the upgrade to work. If this is the case you might be able to find the original number at your Adobe Account?

Return to posts index

John Nelson
on Mar 19, 2019 at 5:46:23 pm

Thanks you.

I did have an earlier version. Re-entered that and, BINGO!, it worked...

I'm gonna press my luck now and ask about Photoshop CS3. After spending almost a half hour on the phone with Adobe about my ownership of the software I did as they recommended.
1. Uninstalled CS3
2. Reinstalled CS3 with the new serial number they emailed me
3. Repeated the number on the activation screen
4. It did not work. Would not activate
5. Resisted urge to 'activate' my temper.

Thoughts?

KEEP ON KEEPIN ON!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]