FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keying greenscreen on multiple high res footage. compositing workflow question.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andreas Ruso
Keying greenscreen on multiple high res footage. compositing workflow question.
on Mar 13, 2019 at 2:25:33 pm

I have keyed out multiple 3K/4K plates which is going to be comped together in AE.
The main comp is way to heavy and slow to work on efficiently. I dont need all the clips in 3K, its just safer in case i need the extra res.

1) What is the best workflow on this kind of task?
2) Will layers with keylight make clips calculate slower than a clip without keylight?

To render out all clips in QT animation + alpha takes time and i lose alot of flexibilty.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Keying greenscreen on multiple high res footage. compositing workflow question.
on Mar 13, 2019 at 3:02:18 pm

Depending on your project, it might be best to edit first in Premiere Pro (Premiere also has a pretty good keyer) and then bring your edit into AE if you need to do more involved compositing. Then you'll know what resolution you need things to be at and exactly what parts of each clips you need to worry about.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Andreas Ruso
Re: Keying greenscreen on multiple high res footage. compositing workflow question.
on Mar 13, 2019 at 3:09:04 pm

I have done the edit in premiere, but the shot is not locked. The director might want a different look.
So you suggest i render all clips out in smaller res with alpha?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]