FORUMS: list search recent posts

Opening Particular Presets causes AE to crash every time

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hilary Tsai
Opening Particular Presets causes AE to crash every time
on Mar 10, 2019 at 9:31:53 pm

Every time I try to open TC Particular presets menu, my Aftereffects crashes. This hasn't been a problem until recently, when I updated to OS Mojave. Has this been known to happen to Mojave users? I'm running AE 2017 (14.2.1), and my OS version is 10.14. I have already confirmed that disk space is not causing the issue, though that has sometimes caused it in the past. Does anyone know how to fix this? Is there other info you need from me before you can tell me what might be going on? Let me know below.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Opening Particular Presets causes AE to crash every time
on Mar 10, 2019 at 9:47:04 pm

Do you NEED the newer OS? If you don't, revert to the earlier OS. If you do, partition your system drive and run the newer OS on the partition.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Hilary Tsai
on Mar 11, 2019 at 5:39:05 am
Last Edited By Hilary Tsai on Mar 11, 2019 at 5:40:43 am

Unfortunately, yes. I would never have done it, but certain other software necessitated that I upgrade to the latest OS. Is there a chance that using a newer AE version would fix it? Guess I'll need to partition then, since particular presets are a must have for me.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 11, 2019 at 6:19:57 pm

If you choose to install the newer version of Creative Cloud, I strongly recommend that you DO NOT remove your current version. It is probably not a straightforward thing: I am told you have to search for the "keep the older version" button, and that it's not very easy to find.

A new version always seems to bring its own share of software woes.
Expect to do a little bit of -- or a lot of -- troubleshooting to get it to run properly.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Mar 12, 2019 at 5:02:52 pm

Did I miss what version of Trapcode? The newest one (just out) has some OS and AE version requirements that may not be compatible with older versions (sigh). The march of planned obsolescence continues.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]