FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kind of a weird question, but I am having an issue with a gif I made outside of After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kate Watson
Kind of a weird question, but I am having an issue with a gif I made outside of After Effects
on Mar 10, 2019 at 3:35:35 pm

So, I made a gif in another program of lisa simpson and it looks fine running on everything, no problem.

When I put it into after effects it runs and animated fine, but during a few frames of her blinking her eyes turn black.

My question is this, does anyone know if this is a compatibility thing? Something that after effects is having an issue with? or is it something with the gif that might not be right?

Thanks.

Let me know if you want to see the gif in question or get a copy of it or whatever.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Kind of a weird question, but I am having an issue with a gif I made outside of After Effects
on Mar 10, 2019 at 5:41:27 pm

Gifs can have a unique color space - less of a space really and more of a distinct palette (called indexed color). And AE can have troubles with that. So its always better to turn that gif into a non compressed format and something that is in a similar colorspace to your final comp. It can be converted to a set of frames or an AVI or QT movie (if your AE still supports that).
For AVI try Uncompressed and for QT try animation best.
But there's the whole problem of changing the gif format into something else.
You can export from the pro version of QT to any of its supported formats, wondershare has a converter too. Do a search for video converter. AE can do it to if that's all you have in the timline - export the movie and then bring it back in for you comp.

Return to posts index

Kate Watson
Re: Kind of a weird question, but I am having an issue with a gif I made outside of After Effects
on Mar 10, 2019 at 6:43:21 pm

Thank you so much!

I'll definitely try that. :)

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Mar 10, 2019 at 8:30:47 pm

Where the eyes go black, toggle the Transparency grid On/Off. That'll tell you if it is in fact a compression artifact vs. some sort of keying anomaly. In which case check the Interp footage options that there's no alpha setting accidentally turned on.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]