FORUMS: list search recent posts

Line of text slide in animation but with also the spaces between words being animated out as well.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Cappilla
Line of text slide in animation but with also the spaces between words being animated out as well.
on Mar 10, 2019 at 3:11:12 pm

Hi, so I've been looking everywhere for a solution for this. I need to edit this video and just missing this one animation. I need to match this animation in this video after replacing the text. Basically the lines of text slide in from left to right, but also the opacity changes as well as the spaces between the words animate out one word at a time from left to right, basically like pressing the spacebar between words, but a really smooth ease. How do you animate the spacing between words one at a time? I've figure out how to animate the opacity one word at a time but can't figure out how to animate the space between the words. I messed with the SOURCE text option and can do it that way but the issue is that it's very stiff, I want it to be smoother, but can't edit the ease in or out on this. Am I missing or overlooking something in the Text animator dropdown or is there an expression, maybe it's part of a plugin, or maybe it's an After Effects preset? Any help would be appreciated. I've also tried what someone suggested on here, setting your settings to "Word" and then "Subtract" but doesn't seem to work like I want it to. I can share the video or After Effects file but only privately. Appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Line of text slide in animation but with also the spaces between words being animated out as well.
on Mar 10, 2019 at 9:37:13 pm

Multiple text layers. Animate each layer's position.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chris Cappilla
Re: Line of text slide in animation but with also the spaces between words being animated out as well.
on Mar 11, 2019 at 1:18:22 am

Thanks Dave! This will work great! There has to be a plugin though or something to achieve this, would be so much time if it was multiple lines or a long line of text. Luckily I only need to do this for a four-word line. 😃 Thank you, appreciate your help!!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 11, 2019 at 2:33:59 pm

Well, that's always going to be a problem. Consider how many words realistically can go on a line of text. Not many.

Then there's the length of the words. The phrase, "Cannibalistic practices strictly prohibited" may be just four words, but they're long ones!

They're traditional factors in good typographic design. They've been around since there's been movable type! Attempts at automation don't lend themselves easily to good design.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chris Cappilla
on Mar 11, 2019 at 8:58:32 pm

Agreed, very true! Thanks for your insight Dave!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]