FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animate dashes that shrink and disappear at end of path

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corrie Parks
Animate dashes that shrink and disappear at end of path
on Mar 9, 2019 at 7:55:37 pm

I want to animate a solid line that breaks into dashes and the dashes shrink and disappear at the end of the path. For example, in this image, the solid pink lines would break apart into long dashes, which would gradually dissipate into nothing at the end of the paths:

Any insight on how to efficiently set this up for many paths at once would be much appreciated! I have the paths grouped on a shape layer, but there doesn't seem to be enough flexibility in the Dashes option to make this sort of animation.

Return to posts index

C. Blake Davis
Re: Animate dashes that shrink and disappear at end of path
on Mar 9, 2019 at 10:37:00 pm

The easiest way is with a pluggin called Ouruboris, I have it and use it quite often in projects. It's a surprisingly good and well created pluggin.

https://aescripts.com/ouroboros-2/

Producer working in NorCal and Nashville

Return to posts index

Corrie Parks
on Mar 10, 2019 at 4:35:16 pm

Thanks, this looks great! Will def check it out!

Return to posts index

Max Haller
on Mar 11, 2019 at 4:18:17 pm

Ouroboros is pretty good but if that doesn't let you do what you need to give this a try.

I would try setting it up with one copy of the lines that have animated dash properties that change as you need them. Then put a copy of the lines that are solid above the dashed layer, and use a solid layer with a gradient as a luma matte above the solid line layer. You can use this matte to fade off the solid line layer into the animated dashed line layer. Then in theory you can adjust the gradient in the luma matte to transition from solid line to dashes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]