FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trapcode Form Layer Maps don't apply correctly to footage

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa Dressler
Trapcode Form Layer Maps don't apply correctly to footage
on Mar 7, 2019 at 9:02:52 am

Hey guys,

I'm trying to use form on a shoe rendering (png with alpha). I rendered it out in C4d and it has a correct alpha channel but form doesn't apply the particles correctly to the layer. It's smaller and has has a little bit of a different perspective than the footage. I'm pretty new in using trapcode but it works perfectly fine with all the other pngs I imported. Does anyone know what the problem is could be?
Thanks already!

I attached a screenshot that hopefully helps to know what I mean

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Trapcode Form Layer Maps don't apply correctly to footage
on Mar 7, 2019 at 9:39:29 am

1) You're using a box that is 500 pixels square as the base form in a comp that is 1920 pixels wide and 1080 pixels tall. To make it match, you'd use a base form that is 1920 x 1080 pixels.

2) The camera settings and position affect the perspective, so if you have moved the camera or changed settings after creating it that will change the look.

3) You have scaled the image to 232%, so that makes it 232% size in relation to the Form object even if the other two settings matched. If you want to keep the scaling to fill the comp, you can precomp the layer and use the precomp as the layer map. Or you can render the original at same resolution as the comp.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Lisa Dressler
on Mar 7, 2019 at 9:48:03 am

Hi Kalleheikki!

That totally makes sense and it's fixed. I just adjusted my base form and now it looks great!

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Mar 7, 2019 at 5:00:33 pm

Very good.

(On second thought number 3 was unnecessary, since the image will get stretched to the size of the Form object regardless of size.)

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]