FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to make that effect like on this video?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Viola Fionova
How to make that effect like on this video?
on Mar 5, 2019 at 11:20:43 pm

How can i make blurr motion effect like in this video? The more far object location the more blurry that object is.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: How to make that effect like on this video?
on Mar 5, 2019 at 11:36:44 pm

Thats an hour and half video - any clues as to the time stamp on the frames you are interested in?

Return to posts index

Viola Fionova
on Mar 6, 2019 at 1:37:08 am

Timestamp is 19:35 to 19:50. How can i make that washed out, blurry faces in a video?

Return to posts index

Viola Fionova
on Mar 6, 2019 at 1:39:17 am

Actually this all video has a same blurry look, but i dont know how to make same effect.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Mar 6, 2019 at 1:48:16 am

I don't think this is an effect, I think its really bad compression, and then recompression, coming from a different format (PAL? to NTSC?) and a different time base (25 fps to 30) and a really high keyframe distance, too large a sampling block and probably blown up from a smaller already compressed bit of footage, and even maybe a really bad kinescope transfer.
The compression is freaking out around the faces due to the detail needed and the constantly changing expressions.

But that doesn't help you achieve this.

My recommendation would be to use Mocha (comes with AE now) to track and rotoscope the faces and then apply blurs or smears to the face element. Or compress the hell out of the footage you have.

Return to posts index

Viola Fionova
on Mar 6, 2019 at 2:00:42 am

Can you send me a screenshot how to do all of this please, because i have not enough experience.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Mar 6, 2019 at 3:20:13 am

I'm worried that you think you can learn how to do this from a screen shot. This process is lengthy and complicated.
There are lots of video tutorials on line for how to work with mocha, but these assume a good knowledge of After Effects too. You can search for them - try "Mocha, tracking, rotoscoping, face replacement" as your search words. I know you aren't replacing your faces but face replacement, which we do so much of these days in films, uses the same techniques to isolate those areas and perform changes to them.

And please don't use videos like this one to work with. The amount of noise and artifacts in the image make hard work for the computers and software that are trying to reduce some of the tedious frame by frame work this kind of thing used to entail.
The cleaner the source footage the easier it is for both you and the software.
Good luck.

Return to posts index

Viola Fionova
on Mar 6, 2019 at 4:40:23 pm

Thank you so much for your help you so nice person. Screen shots is fine for me. If you can send me all the process what you do and how you do it step by step, which layers you are using and so..... on screen shots it would be a great.

Return to posts index

Viola Fionova
on Mar 7, 2019 at 2:13:42 am

Do you know how to make same blurry, washed out effect like in this video? Timestamp 32:48-33:2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]