FORUMS: list search recent posts

video with crunching numbers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ernesto Amengual
video with crunching numbers
on Mar 5, 2019 at 5:42:28 pm

Hello! I am trying to do a simulation of computer code scrolling down..to give you an idea it would be something like this stock footage, but possibly quite longer.
https://www.shutterstock.com/it/video/clip-1011498968-cracking-passwords-co...
any pointers on how to achieve this? I assume this was done in After effects but other than the obvious blur I am not sure where to begin to put all the code scrolling down.
Any kind of help appreciated. Thanks!
Ernesto

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: video with crunching numbers
on Mar 5, 2019 at 11:46:19 pm

Depends on your version of AE. The new text tools allow you to tie the text value to something that can change, like time or frame number or even a text doc outside the program or just simple math.
For these we usually do a bunch of lines of code so they fit within the area the camera can see, precomp that. Then use the offset filter (under distort) to shift the whole thing up or down and wrap the lines of text back on the incoming side. This way you have an endless set of lines. As long as they keep changing you never know there were just 10 lines or so.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Mar 5, 2019 at 11:48:02 pm

For older versions of AE you can use the numbers effect (under text effect) or the time code effect to have numbers change randomly or based on time etc.

Return to posts index

Ernesto Amengual
on Mar 6, 2019 at 12:08:09 am

Thanks Steve. I am using CC2017. I assume it's a new thing you're talking about? I've never heard it before (I just tinker with AA from time to time, not that I am proficient or anything like that)

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Mar 6, 2019 at 12:33:38 am

2017 has that feature, you can feed text through expressions to change over time

Return to posts index

Anders Hattne
on Mar 6, 2019 at 5:48:59 pm

Not sure if this is relevant, but maybe using the Text layer's animator function and changing the offset or value might add something of interest.

http://www.ardillamedia.com

Return to posts index

Ernesto Amengual
on Mar 9, 2019 at 6:07:00 pm

yea thanks everybody, i somehow managed to do it. Kinda clunky but should work. cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]