FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trapcode Particular - 3D light/energy stream with control over twist and flow?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sabrina Quinn
Trapcode Particular - 3D light/energy stream with control over twist and flow?
on Mar 2, 2019 at 10:32:39 am

Hi!

I am currently trying to create a light/energy stream in 3d space and I am running into some limitations with particular.

The most promising approach was the motion path but unfortunately there seems to be no way to control the rotation to achieve some twisting. Or am I missing something here?

Second approach was to use several lights linked to a null object but there is no option to control the particle size per light. This only works for color and intensity.

So far this my result but it is lacking of "flowing energy" and it's building up to evenly. It's done with a layer as emitter which is moving through 3d space, similar to the lights linked to the null object but it allows controlling color size and intensity through a pre-comp.

https://i.imgur.com/kZHjptw_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

One of the biggest issue here is the subframe sampling of the animated emitter which does not work for layer grid emitters. So I need create the scene 10x longer and retime it. Also Pre-compose for some reason does not work with that kind of setup so I have to pre-render.

But still this setup is also lacking a flowing energy look when remaining longer in a scene and it also builds up to evenly, almost like masked. Also tried to make use of the Aux system but there seems to be no way to inherit the exact movement of the seed particles. (Only velocity at birth..)

Sorry for the long description but I really hope some of you might have any ideas how to tackle this whole. Since the setup needs to be applied to in several shots I am also trying to keep it as simple as possible and to avoid stacking many layers of particular...

Thanks
Sabrina

Return to posts index

Sabrina Quinn
Re: Trapcode Particular - 3D light/energy stream with control over twist and flow?
on Mar 3, 2019 at 9:48:54 am

Sorry I saw too late that there is also a Trapcode forum, maybe someone can move it there?

Thx

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Trapcode Particular - 3D light/energy stream with control over twist and flow?
on Mar 5, 2019 at 4:54:09 pm

It might be helpful to see an example of what you are going for, as it is hard to imagine what the expected outcome is from a verbal description.

My first inkling would be to replace the layer emitter with a single particle image that has all those points. That way you just emit a single particle, brush-stroke style. Using a light as an emitter will make it easier to control, as you can move it however you want, including rotating it.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Mar 6, 2019 at 3:00:04 pm

If you are using the latest version of Particular, you might look into using some of the new fluid effects to move your particle streams around a bit more organically.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Sabrina Quinn
on Mar 11, 2019 at 5:14:35 pm

https://media.giphy.com/media/28JHwMYcnpPwplFZt8/giphy.gif

This is what i am trying to achieve but also moving through 3d space for more depth and also being able to control the twisting. At the same time I am looking for war way to start and end it more naturally (like the example does at the beginning) - not just like masking (which it does at the end) but growing and getting broader and thinner...

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Mar 12, 2019 at 6:54:54 pm

The Size Over Life graph should help you out with the thickness you're talking about..

- The Great Szalam

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Sabrina Quinn
on Mar 13, 2019 at 8:20:10 am

Thx Michael, tried hat but it is still appearing to evenly.
Had another approach with lights as emitters but i am missing to control the particle size by lights..

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Mar 13, 2019 at 2:20:09 pm

The size won't be as uniform if you add some randomness to the life of the particles. Since the life is different for each particle, the sizes will appear at different positions. Also, more randomness in their velocity will also help.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]