Text Explosion

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Hiebert
Text Explosion
on Feb 28, 2019 at 5:40:07 pm

I'm trying to create this exact look.

https://vimeo.com/320543576

I used the text explosion effect but ran into issues. First, no matter where I slide the keyframes, I cant seem to slow the explosion down. Second, I would also like it to look like a single explosion on the different text blocks as it is in this video.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance....

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Text Explosion
on Feb 28, 2019 at 5:54:28 pm

Text Explosion in AE isn't an effect. It's an animation preset. Which means it has keyframes. Which means you can fart around with the timing. Dig into your text and you'll see what I mean.

If you want an effect, you could try Card Dance, with each character of the text occupying a card. A particle effect might do the trick, too.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dave Hiebert
on Mar 1, 2019 at 7:36:43 pm

Thanks....ya, my mistake...I meant animation. It's a lot more than just moving keyframes tho, as I've gotten in and changed a a bunch of stuff but still cant get it to slow down. I also have the issue of wanting it to explode numerous layers as one, like in the video. I would imagine Trapcode Form is probably the plugin I'll need.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Mar 1, 2019 at 9:26:37 pm

Form would be good, but you might be able to get something kinda similar using Card Dance which I think Dave mentioned.

Alternatively, I think you could get that look using Text Animators, but you'll have to build your own from scratch. It's important to know how it's actually working under the hood, so I'd highly recommend watching the video tutorial on this page [link]. It'll teach you how the text animators work, so you'll have a solid foundation to start from to build your own effect.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Mar 2, 2019 at 6:46:47 pm

To me it looks like the text is actually one image layer that gets blown to pieces. So you could possibly do that with the shatter effect as well.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Dave Hiebert
on Mar 2, 2019 at 7:01:12 pm

I think you're exactly right....I just came to the same conclusion. I was making it harder than it had to be.

Thanks All !!
Going to try it as an image with the Card Dance as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]