FORUMS: list search recent posts

What’s the best way to sync video transitions to music?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy McCloud
What’s the best way to sync video transitions to music?
on Feb 27, 2019 at 11:27:14 pm

I have a project with several comps that contain images and videos. I have music where I’ve extracted the kick drop and made key frames from it. What I’d like to do is transition between each comp in sync to the kick drum. Eventually I’d like to turn it into a template but I’m not sure the best way to go about it.

Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: What’s the best way to sync video transitions to music?
on Feb 28, 2019 at 6:13:14 pm

Can you describe the transitions you want to use?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Jeremy McCloud
on Mar 1, 2019 at 6:31:55 pm

Thanks for the reply!

I'll try to clarify. Let's say you have Comp 1 with an image and Comp 2 with a different image. In the main comp, you have Comp 1 first and then where Comp 1 ends, Comp 2 begins. You have an Adjustment Layer, just about where the two meet. In the adjustment layer you have some effects that make the transition from Comp 1 and Comp 2 more smooth than just a jump cut.

When the kick drum hits, maybe 2 seconds apart each hit, something triggers where the transition is activated. The first kick it transitions from Comp 1 to Comp 2, the next kick, transitions from Comp 2 to Comp 1. Or if there is a third comp, on the second kick, it would transition between Comp 2 and Comp 3.

I don't want a simple cut, just a very quick transition to make it look smooth.

Does that make sense?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Mar 1, 2019 at 9:12:46 pm

You could use expressions like this where animations trigger from layer markers: https://library.creativecow.net/article.php?author_folder=stern_eran&articl...

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Feb 28, 2019 at 7:17:47 pm

look at your audio waveform..add a bass and treble or another audio effect...with the goal being to see the drum beat more easily in the audio waveform...because manually is the best way

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]