FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding video into existing AE project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Haraldur Forsberg
Adding video into existing AE project
on Feb 26, 2019 at 3:30:46 pm

Hello good people of Creative Cow. I have searched high and low for a solution to what i never thought would be a problem.. but since it's my first time in AE it's probably something very easy. So I made a killer effect on a logo that im using in the intro of a music video. The video is edited in FCPX. So I exported the 10 sec clip that's at the beginning of the music video and successfully got it into AE. Being used to working in layers I thought that I could simply add the video to the bottom and the animation would play ontop of it. And it does... but with all the effects that I applied to the logo... so it looks crazy. How do I import the video without the effects affecting it?

Thank you so much for your time!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Adding video into existing AE project
on Feb 26, 2019 at 5:21:54 pm

It sounds like you might be applying your effects to an adjustment layer(s) above the logo and the video?

If that's the case, you can precompose [link] everything but your video (select all layers EXCEPT your video layer and press Cmd+Shift+C) and it should look as you expect.

Otherwise, if you share a screenshot, we might be able to help better.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Haraldur Forsberg
on Feb 27, 2019 at 10:57:21 am

Thank you for your reply! I already worked my way out of it. Figured I just export my projekt transparent without the background video and simply drag and drop it into my Final Cut projekt. Easy peasy! I also noticed that If I changed the mode to "Add" on my video clip It solved the problem, but I rather go with the no background way.

Have a good day!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 26, 2019 at 6:56:42 pm

I agree with Walter -- it sounds like you used an adjustment layer.

If you are from a Photoshop background, you probably use them all the time. In After Effects, it's typically better to apply effects directly to layers.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]