FORUMS: list search recent posts

To Use or Not Use - Animation Composer / Plugins

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Dillon
To Use or Not Use - Animation Composer / Plugins
on Feb 19, 2019 at 6:29:31 pm

Question regarding plugins like Animation Composer. I've only been studying motion graphics for a few years now both at University and on my own. My instructors opinion about plugins like AC were that you can tell right away which animations use them and it's better to learn how to apply these animations with keyframing etc. instead of using a plugin to do it, and I agree. I haven't used any plugins in my work up until now, but speeding up my workflow would help since it currently takes me a while to complete projects.

I'm wondering what experienced professionals think about plugins like these? Do you use them? If so, do you have a favorite? Do you not use them? If not, why? If you don't, do you have any advice for speeding up workflow?

TIA

https://misterhorse.tv/animation-composer

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: To Use or Not Use - Animation Composer / Plugins
on Feb 19, 2019 at 7:03:56 pm

Here's the thing with pre-baked animations like this: if they work for the job, use them.
Not everything pays enough or gives you enough time to create everything bespoke. Sometimes you just need to get it out the door. You're not creating art all the time for your fellow artists to appreciate. If the client is happy, you did it right.

Now, if you do have the time to do something "right", do it right. Make a little set of brand guidelines, set up your favorite animation curves in Flow, create some animation presets of your own, if you'd like.

There are many ways to speed up work. Time is money in this industry. Use what works for you to make the client happy within your deadline.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]