FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copy Keyframes from Layer Transform Rotation to Layer Contents > Shape Group Transform Rotation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Bentley
Copy Keyframes from Layer Transform Rotation to Layer Contents > Shape Group Transform Rotation
on Feb 19, 2019 at 12:00:23 am

I created an animation that rotates a group of shapes, and I would like to move the keyframes (so that I can apply a stroke to them altogether as one object) from the Layer > Transform > Rotation to the Layer > Contents > Shape Group > Transform > Rotation. I have tried copy and paste, but it just keeps pasting the keyframes back in the former location instead of the latter. Is there a way to do what I'm trying to do? Thanks in advance,

Pete

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
Re: Copy Keyframes from Layer Transform Rotation to Layer Contents > Shape Group Transform Rotation
on Feb 19, 2019 at 12:45:57 am

Hi. Sorry can't help with your actual question, however if you want to add a stroke to the combined shape you could select your layer and then try Layer Styles/Stroke.

Return to posts index

Peter Bentley
Re: Copy Keyframes from Layer Transform Rotation to Layer Contents > Shape Group Transform Rotation
on Feb 19, 2019 at 1:01:11 am

Thanks Greg. I'm aware of that feature. Do you know any way to apply one stroke that appears behind all of the objects without precomposing? I have about 10 objects as independent layers, and all of these layers are in a composition that's pre-composed in another comp where I've applied the layer style > border to achieve the effect I want. But I'm trying to export this all to a .svg animation (for use in a web application) through Bodymotion which is somehow not picking up the stroke on the parent composition. I have asked other folks about that part of it.

So this question is really about whether there's another way to achieve the same effect through different means that might make it through the export process. The other method I'm exploring is combining all of the shape layers under one shape layer and applying the layer effect to that layer instead of the pre-comp.

Return to posts index

Oleg Pirogov
on Feb 19, 2019 at 3:20:17 am

Quick question based on the screen shot: are all four properties (not just Rotation) in Transform selected when you do your ctrl+c/ctrl+v?

Return to posts index

Peter Bentley
on Feb 19, 2019 at 5:25:58 pm

*Face palm* Yes, all four were selected. Once I selected only one then copy and paste worked. Thanks for your detailed look at my screenshot!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]