FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question About Pipeline After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ángel Molina López
Question About Pipeline After Effects
on Feb 16, 2019 at 11:35:17 am

Hi everybody,

I want to make an animation, teaching series that will be formed by two parts: an 8 bits animation with some characters hosting the program and some motion graphics that will illustrate the content which the characters are explaining. Right now, I have the 8 bits animation and the motion graphics separated in two AE projects but I will use transitions to move from one part to another. My question is the next one: should I merge both projects into one to use the transitions without any problems? Or should I render the projects separately, put them into a video editor and place the transitions in it? The problem is that some transitions affect DIRECTLY the video . It's not a separate animation that you can set as an alpha or as another layer. What is the standard procedure in these cases?

Regards.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Question About Pipeline After Effects
on Feb 16, 2019 at 6:50:15 pm

I think you're going to want to reevaluate your original premise of always having the animated characters on-screen.

And there's a really simple reason why: it's a LOT of work to do it. A humongous boatload of work to do it.

Sure, there are explainer videos mixing animated characters and other video, but you'll notice that the characters only appear to make a crucial point. That's because it's adding a needless element to the project that takes a lot of work... and therefore time. Time that could be spent getting the project done via more direct and simpler methods.

Now, I'm not saying, "Don't mix animated characters with other stuff." Not at all. I'm advising you to be wise and careful in your use of animated characters, saving them for the really important stuff.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin Camin
Re: Question About Pipeline After Effects
on Feb 19, 2019 at 6:21:05 am

To me it sounds like the animation and motion graphics are going to be mostly original the entire time. I would merge the two projects so you can easily retime things. I don't think there's any time saving by dynamically linking things in Premiere, they still have to render since they are After Effects comps. I feel you are sort of adding a step by moving what essentially is an animation to Premiere. But if you have live action footage and the animation and motion graphics are secondary then I would do it in Premiere.

Best regards,

Kevin Camin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]