FORUMS: list search recent posts

wave like effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Salar Sardary
wave like effect
on Feb 13, 2019 at 8:09:30 pm

Hello all! I am stuck to come up with the trick to create the similar effect you see in the video

I used trim path and change the position and this is the result I reached

But I still lack the part that acts like a whip (the part in the red circle below)

many thanks in advance for your help!

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: wave like effect
on Feb 14, 2019 at 4:36:52 pm

Try using the polar coordinates or maybe one of the VR effects on an adjustment layer then playing with the line work below. maybe that will work

Return to posts index

Max Haller
on Feb 15, 2019 at 7:35:13 pm

I would think you'd have to animate the path itself to move in that whipping shape

Return to posts index

Oleg Pirogov
on Feb 16, 2019 at 2:21:32 am

I see here a whip following the dots.

Dots are animated and arranged in a strict order which can be done one way or another:

Running a coarse line through them can be done with createPath():

Smoothing it is a different problem which I don't really know how to address.
I can do some smoothing with a version of a script from here: https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/1134161 like this:

But as you see, it differs from the gif. All I'm sure is that that line on the gif is smoothed not with Auto Bezier.

Return to posts index

Harry Hoag
on Feb 16, 2019 at 10:27:05 am

You could try what Oleg did but attach a precomped line with puppet tools to the nulls, that would auto smooth to a certain extent. But I imagine it'll look like what he has with the auto smooth script thing.

Or use 'extended points to nulls' to have full bezier control and just spend a bit of time manually animating the beziers so they look smooth, that shouldn't be too painful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]