FORUMS: list search recent posts

After effects : cannot trim end of layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adel Idris
After effects : cannot trim end of layer
on Feb 13, 2019 at 11:27:30 am

Hello Guys,

I can never trim the last part of the layer. When I slide to see the end it never comes. It is like there is an infinite layer at the end that can’t be trimmed but when watching YouTube videos everyone can trim the end or slide the end and find the point easily. Can anyone help me.

I want to find the end of the layer and shorten it from there. I know how to trim with the shortcuts that’s not what u am looking for. I and o does not help.

Regards

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
Re: After effects : cannot trim end of layer
on Feb 13, 2019 at 1:25:04 pm

Adel, see if any of these could help you:
a) If comp is already created - edit that comp's settings to extend length significantly. Then you should be able to see full layer picture, from In to Out. Later, you could set new work area duration and set comp length.
b) If you hit ']', you will be able to see the end point. Just be careful - in case if InPoint is time-relevant for your edit.
c) If possible, simply create new comp from that item, and it will be precisely full length of the video footage.

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.

Return to posts index

Adel Idris
on Feb 13, 2019 at 2:15:24 pm

Thank I will try those options.

Return to posts index

Ken Teutsch
on Feb 13, 2019 at 2:07:40 pm

I may not completely understand your problem, but...

What sort of layer is it? Video clips have an end. A still, shape or text layer can be dragged to the end of the Universe. And when created, the default behavior for those is that they fill the length of the composition. (This can be changed in the Preferences under "Import.")

If you need to chop the layer down to give you an end point to start from, as stated above, typing ] will trim the layer to the current time indicator.

Return to posts index

Adel Idris
on Feb 13, 2019 at 2:15:59 pm

I will try yours as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]