FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best workflow for a complex video animation?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anne Green
Best workflow for a complex video animation?
on Feb 13, 2019 at 10:36:06 am

Hi all! How are you?
I've done a complex intro which involves the animation of a lot of elements through time. I was wondering what would the best way to render it is? My computer is not very powerful so I thought of rendering each individual element with their animation independently in an .mp4 file in After Effects and them putting them all together in Premiere. I'm not sure, since it'd be my first time using Premiere, but I think this would be less taxing on my computer and the rendering time would be shorter than if I rendered everything in AE?
Thank you for your replies/suggestions!

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
Re: Best workflow for a complex video animation?
on Feb 13, 2019 at 1:38:10 pm

Hey Anne,

if its really super complex - you could consider rendering pieces to .mov with RGB+Alpha channels data, but not to .mp4. Simply because, rendered as .mp4's you will loose transparency of items and laying all of them back together wouldn't be possible.

Honestly, I think you should give it a try to render whole project at once - and only if it fails consider broking things down into pieces (as it would cause you some additional managing problems itself, so why to bother from the beginning :))

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.

Return to posts index

Ken Teutsch
Re: Best workflow for a complex video animation?
on Feb 13, 2019 at 1:56:34 pm

If you decide to try to grind it out directly from AE, consider exporting it as an image sequence, then re-encoding that into a video file.

That way, if your computer chokes during the render, you haven't wasted all that time. You can re-start at the frame it died on and keep going.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]