''Set work area end'' shortcut doesn't exist

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marie-Christine Laniel
''Set work area end'' shortcut doesn't exist
on Feb 9, 2019 at 2:33:19 am
Last Edited By Marie-Christine Laniel on Feb 9, 2019 at 2:34:01 am

Hi everyone!

I am using a new computer to work on after effects. Every things was doing fine until I tried to do the shortcut ''N'', it doesn't work. So I went in my keyboard shortcut panel to see if the shortcut was assign to another letter, and I was really surprise to see that I just can't find the commande ''Set work area end''. I have the start option ''B'', but not the end, and I can't assign it to anything! Someone have any idea what to do?

Thanks in advance!!

Marie-Christine Laniel

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: ''Set work area end'' shortcut doesn't exist
on Feb 9, 2019 at 8:08:01 pm

First: What kind of computer is this?

Second: I see that your are looking at keystrokes used with modifiers. What do you see when the modifiers are set to None?

Third: Have you reset After Effects Preferences?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Marie-Christine Laniel
on Feb 11, 2019 at 4:09:24 pm

Hey there!

My computer is a Hackintosh with the last Mojave version. If I understand you correctly, I only had the modifiers active because I was making a screenshot with cmd+shift+3, so when im not touching anything my screen looks like this :

And I didn't reset the AE preferences, so maybe it's the next step to make it work. I didn't want to do it because I didn't want to loose all the other shortcuts that I have modify (because I have a French Canadian keyboard, I need to modify them a bit), but I will give it a try!

Ps: I have a MacBook Pro with also a French Canadian keyboard, and I never had that problem. I can see the fonction ''Set work area end'' on it and it work perfectly.

Marie-Christine Laniel

Return to posts index

Marie-Christine Laniel
on Feb 12, 2019 at 8:54:55 pm

Everything work after reseting the preferences. Thanks! :)

Marie-Christine Laniel

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 12, 2019 at 9:56:03 pm

I am relieved. Reset Preferences is the common wisdom to use in these circumstances.
But since recent versions of After Effects have a very bad reputation for behaving erratically for no apparent reason, it could have been some other problem.

If you don't know this already, you can save your After Effects Preferences in a separate file, so you don't have to rebuild them all the time.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]