FORUMS: list search recent posts

Iterating from AE to Encoder?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ocean Byrne
Iterating from AE to Encoder?
on Feb 7, 2019 at 9:51:20 pm

I'm running into an issue where I send my AE comp to Encoder, render it with the default H.264 match source, watch it - note the changes I need to make, make them in AE - then send it back to Encoder, and it renders another version of my previous iteration. ?@#!?

I recently got a new machine, and updated CC. My old box does not have this issue.

What am I missing?

Humble Pixel Farmer

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Iterating from AE to Encoder?
on Feb 7, 2019 at 9:53:09 pm

Are you definitely sending it again and not duplicating the project in AME? I've accidentally done that before.

Check what project file AME is rendering. Every time you send an AE comp to AME, it makes a "temp" version of the project file. (This enables you to render in the background with AME while you continue to work.) It might be that AME is just pulling the old project file twice.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Ocean Byrne
Re: Iterating from AE to Encoder?
on Feb 8, 2019 at 4:17:55 am

[Michael Szalapski] "Are you definitely sending it again and not duplicating the project in AME? I've accidentally done that before."

I would think so?

I deleted both the "Done" render in the Encoder Queue, and saved my AE file, and hit Add to Encoder Queue again, then said render, and got the old results.

Do I need to clear it from somewhere else?

Thanks

Humble Pixel Farmer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]