FORUMS: list search recent posts

Easy Easing, but not to a complete stop

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyler Lynn
Easy Easing, but not to a complete stop
on Feb 7, 2019 at 1:49:36 pm

I have a few position and rotation keyframes set out where I have long, slow movements separated by fast and drastic movements. I want to easy ease them, but I don't want the ease to end on a stop, but instead to continue smoothly into the following movement. How can I do this? I was thinking that the speed value just needed to be greater than 0 at my keyframes, so I tried going into the graph editor and raising all the keyframes velocities to a higher value for both the rotation and position properties, but this threw the whole animation out of whack. Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

criis daw
Re: Easy Easing, but not to a complete stop
on Feb 7, 2019 at 2:36:17 pm

i find using the value graph editor far more intuitive if that helps

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Feb 7, 2019 at 3:55:38 pm

What you did is exactly what one should do. So I'm not sure how to help. Maybe post a simplified project? A duplicated comp before and after your changes so I can visualize the whackness?

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Tyler Lynn
on Feb 7, 2019 at 11:21:15 pm

For sure, here's the project file, with "before" and "after" comps. If you can let me know how to stop the whackticity that'd be awesome!
Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rUwUGCqqwrsnu60yC5NRlGO3eP9Ydp71/view?usp=...

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Feb 7, 2019 at 9:47:05 pm

I second the suggestion to use the value graph instead of the speed graph. It's much easier to do what you're talking about there. (You'll need to separate dimensions to use this with position, by the way.)

Alternatively, you can parent your things to something that is constantly moving slowly and then animate the objects themselves to get the quick movement which eases into no movement. However, since it's parented to something that's constantly moving, it'll just ease into slow movement.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]