FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keying Problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicolas Chausson
Keying Problem
on Feb 6, 2019 at 4:24:09 pm

Hi,

I have a problem with a shoot made on a green screen. The actor's hairs exceed the green screen on the background as shown on this picture :

I tried to make another keying effect to remove the grey of the wall but it also removes hairs...

Is there any way to fix it up as good as it can ?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

jerry wise
Re: Keying Problem
on Feb 6, 2019 at 5:58:14 pm

key out the top part with a luma key and crop it down to the green. then on another layer pull a green key and crop it.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Feb 6, 2019 at 5:58:25 pm

A quick test in Photoshop with a couple of targeted curve effects on the green channel gave me this.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Feb 7, 2019 at 10:04:04 pm

So, you would use two different layers. One would be the person and the other would be their hair. It is very, very common to key parts separately like this.

You could push the colors around on a channel to pull a luma matte based on the green channel as suggested or use the Extract effect to try to pull a luma key directly. Either way, this looks like it should be pretty decent. Good thing the talent wasn't blond!

In the future, hopefully you can suggest to whoever is shooting your green screen to actually get the talent ON the green screen! lol

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]