Disabling double-click to open comp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Boone
Disabling double-click to open comp
on Feb 5, 2019 at 4:32:36 pm
Last Edited By Jake Boone on Feb 5, 2019 at 4:34:13 pm

Hi all-
Does anyone know a way to disable the function where you double click on a comp to open it in a new window? I use a Wacom tablet, and regardless of the tablet/pen settings, I often get a solid, etc. opening accidentally in a new window, which is a huge pain and time waster. (I would MUCH rather having a right-click option to open a new window instead if possible).
thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Disabling double-click to open comp
on Feb 7, 2019 at 10:16:01 pm

It's opening your footage in the layer panel (which is a very important technical difference from being a second composition window). It lets you control things like masks and paint strokes regardless of the layer's transformations and effects in the composition.

So, it is useful, but not for you compared to the annoyance of it happening inadvertently so frequently!

Now, there is a preference to change whether it opens in the layer panel or the source footage panel, but not one to disable the double-click functionality entirely.

You could make a request over at the After Effects uservoice page (found here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects ) and maybe they'll add that functionality. In the meantime, you might consider adjusting the double click speed in your Wacom settings to be a lot faster. I basically don't double-tap at all to get a double-click, but instead use the button on the pen to activate the double-click functionality.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]