FORUMS: list search recent posts

Marbling effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Gregory
Marbling effect
on Feb 4, 2019 at 11:35:49 am

Hi would anyone have any idea how to make an animated marbling effect in after effects, ink/paint in water effect. Like the examples...
https://vimeo.com/160978792
https://vimeo.com/222126220
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0856/7748/files/Marbled_Art_Techniques_7_...

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Marbling effect
on Feb 4, 2019 at 3:53:55 pm

The only thing I can think of that has any chance in h**l of coming anywhere close to that is Realflow, and I seriously doubt it is capable of that level of detailed color variation. Even for a compromised result it will take hundreds of times longer to simulate that than to do it manually and shoot it -- like they have done in your linked reference videos. Not that it is easy to do it by shooting it either. I can imagine that taking weeks of practice to get right...

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Simon Gregory
on Feb 4, 2019 at 4:15:35 pm

Thanks i was thinking the same thing, it doesnt have to be on that level of detail TBH. i considered shooting it but id never get that result, thanks for your opinion.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Feb 4, 2019 at 4:38:20 pm

That out of the way, here's a resemblance of the effect which can be created in AE.

13074_marbledeffect.aep.zip

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Feb 4, 2019 at 4:44:53 pm

(Should have made that noise layer tiny fractal noise rather than noise.)

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Simon Gregory
on Feb 4, 2019 at 5:16:56 pm

Thanks a mil thats a really helpful file to start with, works well!

Return to posts index

Harry Hoag
on Feb 5, 2019 at 10:08:50 am

Hey there was actually a 2d fluids simulator for after effects that i tried years ago but I remember it not being particularly good so it was never used but it'll do something rudimentary if you can find it. I had a quick google search but I couldn't find it, maybe you'll have better luck with some perseverance.

You could also try using newton as the simulator for lots of small circles and then doing the blur and choke technique to get them to be blobby.

And my final suggestion like mentioned before is to either get a proper fluid plugin for cinema 4d, or maybe real flow might do it, also I hear maya fluids is good for that type of thing... it'll do 2d simulations I think...

basically it's hard to do what you're asking!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Feb 7, 2019 at 10:20:22 pm

The latest version of Trapcode Particular from Red Giant Software has some basic fluid simulation options that might also get you some motion like this.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]