FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering mts to pixels

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pablo Aguilar
Rendering mts to pixels
on Jan 30, 2019 at 4:08:35 pm

Hi, Fellas

This is a technical question, my client want to project the animation i'm working in a specific place with measures of 8.54x4.24mts.

I know the try and error will be in the projectors settings one day before the event (client specify that) , but i was wondering if i export the video in that size it will work like a regular video? and do you know a site to make the conversion of meters to pixels?

Thanks, fellas

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Rendering mts to pixels
on Jan 30, 2019 at 4:17:00 pm

No. There is NO correlation between screen size and pixels. None.
you can watch a 1920x1080 video on your phone. You can project the same 1920x1080 video on the side of a building.

You MUST find out the delivery specifications. Find out who is running the playback and projection devices. Ask them what they need. Start with the people who will run the playback device.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Pablo Aguilar
on Jan 30, 2019 at 5:02:37 pm

Thanks, Dave!

I suggested work in FHD and resize in the projector. Right now i asked the people who run the projector for the specification but the last mail they said that they need the video with a apple prores codex and the same measures they give me.

I'll work the vid on FHD with their codex and hope the best, i think...

Thanks, man.

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Jan 30, 2019 at 7:55:01 pm

Well, from my experience they always say its 1080p until the point that it's not (they go up the chain until they actually get to some technician that explains to them they were wrong) .

Since those proportions are not the same as FHD, I'll advise you to either bug them until you get the proper resolution OR get written confirmation that you should be delivering FULL HD so you'll avoid the client complaining later.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Jan 30, 2019 at 5:09:34 pm

Since you already know the proportions of the image, the only additional thing you need to know is the resolution of the projector. Make the comp in the proportion of 8.54 to 4.24 fit into that amount of pixels. The size of the projected image is totally independent of this, as it depends on how far the projector is (and what type of a lens it has, etc.). I don't see how that side of things would be your problem.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]