FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D Camera Tracker Cineware Issue (+ Project Download)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Filip Stillerska
3D Camera Tracker Cineware Issue (+ Project Download)
on Jan 27, 2019 at 5:00:51 pm

I've tracked a 3D Camera and exported the camera from AE to C4D Lite, but when I import the exported camera from AE to my C4D scene everything in the scene becomes extremely small. I've tried doing this with several different cameras in different environments, but the end result is always the same: when the 3D Camera from AE is imported into C4D everything in the C4D scene becomes tiny. I've tried things like specifying the angle of view in the 3D Camera Tracker and offsetting the camera but nothing seems to work.

You could argue that I should just scale everything up inside C4D, but the problem is that the scene in C4D is built with real world scale and includes PBR lights which stops working when I place all the geometry inside C4D under a null and enlarge everything. I've created an example project to demonstrate this.

Project download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzminqkyqjnswja/3DCameraTrackerCinewareIssue.zip?...

Workflow:

Tracked scene with the 3D Camera Tracker; everything works really good including the Track Solid 1.

Exports the camera and scene to C4D Lite.

The scene imported into C4D, everything works really good including the Track Solid 1.

You can barely see it, but there's a 180 cm (≈ 6 feet) tall figure in the middle of the scene, on top of the Track Solid 1.

Using the measurement tool I confirmed that the figure is actually 180 cm (≈ 6 feet) tall.

Why does the figure appear so small?

It obviously doesn't look any better in AE.

Changing Cineware's Camera-setting to AE Comp Camera doesn't resolve the issue.

I'm using the latest version of AE, Cineware and C4D Lite.

Any ideas?

Project download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzminqkyqjnswja/3DCameraTrackerCinewareIssue.zip?...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]