FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE/Premiere Advice For Rendering My Animaitons

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edward Massa
AE/Premiere Advice For Rendering My Animaitons
on Jan 26, 2019 at 1:33:04 pm

Hey guys.

I'm posting in hopes of getting some pointers or advice off of you.

As a hobby I enjoy creating short 5-10 minute animations using 3ds Max, based around low-mid poly models, mainly game characters.
When it has come to compositing I have always just used After Effects to combine all my rendered elements and then used AE to render out a final wmv. file.
I'm aware this isn't the best method at all for creating a final crisp animation but as I'm new to things like AE and Premiere I've never known the best way to go about it.

Having read up on things here I've come to realise that what I probably ought to be doing is making my compositions/effects inside AE and then render a Quick Time file or targa sequence out and place that inside Premiere to render a final file.
As I have a basic knowledge of AE and none yet of Premiere I was wondering if anyone could suggest the best settings for going about this.

My animations are rendered out at 25fps and are 1280x720. The style is fairly realistic but slightly cartoony due to being video game characters/scenes.
I intend to have a file that I can upload to be streamed and a 2nd file people can download to watch on their PCs etc.
If more informaiton is required, please just ask.

Any advice or tips on what I can do to improve my final rendered animations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: AE/Premiere Advice For Rendering My Animatons
on Jan 26, 2019 at 6:10:46 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jan 26, 2019 at 6:12:01 pm

I strongly urge you to learn Premiere Pro. It is a LOT easier than AE, and it will open many other options for you. It's a heck of a lot better with audio, for one. Real-time playback for another.

It also interfaces well with Adobe Media encoder, and you can create different media files for different uses with AME. Okay, you can do much the same thing with AE / AME, but PP is just so darned handy I don't even think about AE / AME.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Edward Massa
on Jan 27, 2019 at 6:14:02 am

Thanks for the advise Dave, I'll definitely be learning more about Premiere Pro.

Do you have any advice on what formats/codecs to use within Premiere Pro when I'm rendering out my final project? Both to create a file for online streaming and another to distribute for those who wish to download the animation, whilst keeping as much quality as possible without an unrealistic file size?

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jan 30, 2019 at 3:51:53 pm

You will want to use a high-quality intermediate codec with minimal compression to "master" your projects. Something like ProRes or DNxHD or Cineform fit the fill, with Intra-frame compression and 4:2:2 color. This will give you a very nice master file to archive the finished video, and then from that file, you can encode to other formats for delivery.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Edward Massa
on Feb 1, 2019 at 3:43:33 am

Thanks very much Jeff, I'll look into those.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]