FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cartoon look

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Patterson
Cartoon look
on Jan 25, 2019 at 3:16:42 am

Hello all. I’m trying to adjust the toon filter so it’s looks like a cartoon or anime. I know that anime look consists of flat colors and defined lines that outline the body etc. What settings would you recommend to get flat colors and lines like that? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Cartoon look
on Jan 25, 2019 at 4:01:30 pm

The toon filter is extremely limited in what it can do. You will never be able to take live action footage and make it look like the sample you provided.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 26, 2019 at 2:29:54 am

A hallmark of anime style is the weird-looking hair. Sorry, but there ain't no way to get the cartoon effect to do that! Among other difficulties. There has never been an automatic way to pull off a good-looking cartoon look. It takes frame-by-frame hand work.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Max Haller
on Jan 28, 2019 at 4:52:39 pm

Agreeing with others I don't think you'll have much luck with the toon effect. Now the toon shader in C4d can give you some more useful results but it will obviously be much different then trying to apply a filter to footage you might have. You'd have to model everything and animate it all in Cinema, but it can output a cool cartoon style

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]